Sadly, I was in my mid-20's before I first learned about the story of Nehemiah. It was taught to me beforehand, and I REALLY could have used it in may teenage years, but it wasn't until I was in full time ministry work that this story took root in my heart.
It is a story of passion, hope, hard work, belief in God, courage, discipline, and total life change. It warns us of what can happen if we fail to start doing what matters. An entire lifetime can pass stuck in a place of fear and doubt. But with resolve, everything can change, and fast. In fact, in less than two months you can position yourself to be more focused, with better hope, and direction than at any time in your life.
I want you to make personal, direct, individual application today. I'll give you examples in three areas: Scripture, Diet, and Addiction to Social Media. I hope you are able to apply the principles to the broken walls in your own life.
But at the end, I want to begin to introduce the social idea - the idea that the real application of this story isn't you, but us. Not me, but we. The best work is familial, collective, and done together. More on that next week!
- What are some things you want to change that could plague you your whole life?
- Why have you convinced yourself those goals are beyond or behind you?
- Have you ever embraced the transformative power of the "52 Day Challenge"?
- Okay, so now you have. Where are you excited to start?
- Why is personal discipline in your life important to people you know and love?