Seven Social Sins demands that we match up social responsibility with internal character development. It is worth the effort! To help you follow along today, let me include all FOUR of the lists we will feature today:
Seven Things God Hates:
Pride, Lying, Murder, Wicked Plans, Rushing to Evil, Lying about Others, Creating Strife
Seven Deadly Sins:
Pride, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth
Seven Social Sins:
1) Politics without Principle
2) Wealth without Work Ethic
3) Pleasure without Conscience
4) Knowledge without Character
5) Business without Morality
6) Science without Humanity
7) Worship without Sacrifice
Notice these demand two important things:
- My actions, which may be amoral of themselves, affect other people - society.
- My heart, my internals, determine what that will become and how it affects others.
- What changes about all my choices when I think in terms of society?
- How does "love my neighbor" shape the way I make personal choices?
- What makes a decision good or evil, especially things like job choice or politics?
- How does working on my heart and conscience affect my impact on others?
- Will you do the private work to prepare yourself to be a light in all that you do?