Alert - This is not an episode about weight, diet or exercise! Instead this is a snippet of a quote from a powerful illustration given by a professor to his students. The weight in question was that of a glass of water he was holding. His question: "how heavy is this glass of water?" The answer is surprise and needful!
The imagery of that presentation, mixed with a few others I'd like to make concerning both soda and lots of water... are designed to help you deal with three really, really heavy things: Harsh Life Situations, Intense Personal Temptations, and Unrelenting Spiritual Despair. I genuinely hope today helps you. Maybe the greatest thing to learn today is that you don't have to wait for those things to dissipate. Their weight doesn't matter... if you can learn about how to put the glass down.
- What is the result of carrying something longer than you should?
- Does our stress more often come from the problem or how we carry it?
- How does a glass of water help us with harsh life situations?
- How does a wall of water help us deal with intense personal temptations?
- How does a pool of water teach us to come up from unrelenting spiritual despair?