The devil will try anything to keep us from honoring our Lord. In centuries past he could keep people in the dark in terms of knowledge. Maybe keep people from getting a Bible, or keeping the preacher from making it to town. Maybe people had questions but couldn't get answers or help. That is not the case anymore, at least certainly not in America. We have information everywhere and available in seconds.
So how is the devil to hurt is if he can't hide the truth from us? Well, he has a powerful tactic for times like these, times of health and security and ease. He pushes the narrative of time. We have plenty of time. There is no urgency. We can do right later. These are his messages - and really the message of his that exists in our culture.
- How do you plan to instill urgency into the daily process of start, stop, continue?
- Why do believers, who know the truth, sometimes put off doing what is right?
- How is the myth of plenty of time a trap that catches people forever?
- What would change in your life if you lived it with daily spiritual urgency?
- If Jesus came back today, are you ready?