Thank you for your feedback and support after last week's episode! Talking about sexual abuse was hard. And from the large amount of feedback I got, I know it is hard or people to think back on the abuse of their past. But I pray we can bring awareness and activism in terms of fulfilling the kingdom mission to protect the innocent and rescue to oppressed.
For today, we need to head back to the topic of forgiveness. We will look at how little of it there seems to be these days, and what we can do (must do) to Bring Forgiveness Back! How can we go about normalizing again the willingness to confess sins? How about the humility to forgive someone who has done you wrong? We will need both parties to think about what God would have them do. But the people who know them may play much larger roles than they realize. Gossip takes division and widens it. But constructive, kind, helpful speech among peers can lead to healing. Everyone plays a role in bringing forgiveness back!
- Why do people find it so hard to ask someone to forgive them?
- Why are some people so hard to approach to ask for forgiveness?
- How important are friends and family in affecting forgiveness?
- How can you play all three roles in the Philemon story?
- How dominant is the grace of Jesus Christ in your spirit with respect to others?