I encourage you to give this seven minute speech a listen: The Sixteenth Second.
Kyle Martin, a 2019 high school graduate, gives a powerful commencement address to his fellow graduating class. He put in a ton of work to accomplish being number one, but he reflects honestly on what it cost him. He learned a lesson early that should define his goals and the costs he is willing to pay in his life. Some of us have long past the age of 19, but maybe this is a lesson we need to learn as well.
Before we get to that, I'd love to tell you about a speech I was thankful to give to a group of High School students this past Friday night. God wants them, and you, to be filled and sealed with the Holy Spirit. When we are filled with Him, He makes us strong enough to stand the weight of the devil. And we can be prepared to pour the Spirit's goodness into the lives of others. This is God's will for our lives. May nothing else be allowed to rob us of this beautiful work of love and service.
- Why is a strong relationship with the Spirit needful to be strong in the face of trial?
- Why is connection with the Spirit necessary to be a light in the lives of others?
- Do we sometimes devote our lives to things that cost us our greatest mission?
- Are you comfortable with accepting God's great mission for your life?
- How can we live so that we will never regret "the sixteenth second"?