In C.S. Lewis's famous book, The Screwtape Letters, demons discuss how to win a Christian back to sin. A major point of emphasis is the need to get him dwelling on the unchangeable past and the uncontrollable future! These will keep his attention from the two things that are real, certain, guaranteed: Eternity and Today! God knows you need to consider what happened. God knows you need to plan for next week. But too much time spent on that will rob you of the great things He wants for your life. We discuss how to spend much, much more time considering where you are going (Eternity) and how to be the best you in order to get there (Today).
- How to see how the devil wants to distract you
- Why are the past and the carnal future unhealthy points of emphasis
- What value is time spent on Eternity and how is it different than the carnal future
- What value is time spent on Today and how can you use that time to do great things
- How can I use daily journalling to stay focused on the two times that matter most